Monday, April 7, 2008

My Journey

On March 14 I received news that no one really ever wants to hear..."you have cancer". No matter how "prayed up" you think you might be, you are never prepared for news like that. On the day I found out, we clung together as a family, cried a lot, prayed a lot, walked around in a haze, but I finally bowed up and said..."I'm gonna fight this thing and win it!"

Needless to say, since I have received this news, it has been a roller coaster of emotions, doctor's visits, hours of talking and most definitely praying. I decided to put this blog together so that not only can I record my journey, but so that you, my friends and family, can stay updated on the latest news and know how to pray for me, Gary and the girls.

As of right now, it is a type of breast cancer called her2 positive, and I have been diagnosed at stage 2B. It has been contained in the right breast, and is not located anywhere else in my body. As of right now, the doctor does not want to do surgery, but wants to attack it with 6 months of chemo, as well as putting me on a strict diet and exercise routine. This past Friday I had the port put in as well as started my first round of chemo. I have been very tired and very nauseous, but thankfully have been able to work. Please pray for energy in the coming weeks, and that I will not get sick from the chemo. I will keep you updated!

I love you all and thank you so much for the prayers!

No comments: