Saturday, April 19, 2008

April 19,2008

I have to tell you about some great men in our church. We had a shave your head party Thursday night at church. Twelve men shaved their heads with me. Gary formed a club called Dana'a Hairclub. He had a certificate for me that each guy signed when he shaved his head and gave each man a card. One man had hair down the middle of his back. He donated his to Locks of Love and I shaved his head. He also wrote a very sweet poem for me. I was so honored and touched. I was the last one to shave my hair and it made it so much easier with all of the support. A sweet lady that works for our city came and helped shave heads. She did mine for me. Everyone was cheering me on. Gary shaved his head for me, (actually I shaved his head) so neither one of us have to worry about blowdryers, brushes, combs, hairspray, etc. anymore. (I have a wonderful and supportive husband). Ashley and Allyson were there, along with John, one of our adopted sons. He shaved his head. Ashley and Allyson snapped pictures throughout the night and I will get those posted on myspace soon. Ash and Ally also brought scarves and tied them on their heads and we had our picture made together. It was a wonderful night and made losing my hair so much easier. I have a wonderful family and church family.
I went to the doctor Friday and got some great news. He said I am doing great, my blood count is wonderful and right where it needs to be and the lump under my arm has already gotten smaller. He was very encouraging, as he always is, and such a great and Godly man. The surgeon said my port looked great, also. While I was at the doctors, a dear sweet lady in our church came over and changed the sheets on our bed, vacuumed, mopped, cleaned our bathroom and did so much. We still have a mess from the leak and she tried to make it look as nice as she possible could. The insurance came out Wednesday and are suppose to be getting us a check. Hopefully, we can get everything done and back in order soon. We have a big hole in our living room wall where the wet sheetrock was cut away. She tried to cover it up the very best she could. It was a great day.
I have felt very good this week and have a lot of my strength back. I continue to be touched by all of the wonderful people that are praying for me and us. I receive prayergrams or cards everyday and am so honored to have so many Godly people praying for me. Thank you all. God has truly blessed me and I am so humbled by everyone's love and prayers. God is great.
Until next time--keep yours eyes up on Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

No comments: