Wednesday, April 30, 2008

April 30, 2008

The Race For The Cure went great Saturday morning. Ashley, Allyson, and 8 of Ashley's coworkers ran the race. I was so touched by their love and suport. It was an emotional morning and over 20,000 people entered the race. It is very humbling and gratifying all at the same time.
I had my second chemo treatment yesterday. I am feeling ok, just weak and nauseated. Thank goodness for the nauseating medication. It has helped. I worked today, but very tired and ready for rest. My blood count was very good yesterday, so I am so thankful to the Lord. Sitting in the chemo room watching others does make me thankful. I am not dealing with what a lot of others are dealing with today. One woman, I met yesterday was given 2-6 months to live last September, but is going strong and has such a great attitude. She is working hard to overcome and be healed from her cancer, and was such a joy to talk to and be around. She was ministering to others. She liked the way I tied my scarf on my head, so I showed her how to do it. She was a very sweet & classy lady.
Two different families in our church brought food yesterday that will last us a few days. The folks in our church continue to be wonderful to us and help us out so much.
Today is Gary's birthday. (Happy Birthday dear. I love you very much and am so proud to have you as my husband. You are a great, wonderful man and so supportive.) Last Sunday night, some men of our church gave him a rifle. They all signed the case and it was very touching. He went into Southlake today and Ashley took him to lunch. Allyson is coming out and taking him to play golf Friday and then both girls will be here for the weekend. We are looking forward to them being here for the weekend and enjoying some time together.
Prayer requests:
1. Energy, strength, and nausea.
2. Our house and insurance. We are still dealing with that situation. Not fun.
3. Our church building that we are still trying to get finished.
Thank you all for the prayers, cards, and words of encouragement. Until next time, keep your eyes looking up to Jesus. He isn't finished with me or you yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want you to know that you are ministering to me through all of this! It is difficult to keep a fighting attitude after being sick for so long. God is using you to help me regain my fighting spirit!

And thank you for reminding me that God is not done with me yet!

Anonymous said...

You are a blessing and surrounded by prayers of so many who love you. Keep going and knowing...that you are God's and He is near! I love you - Joy