Saturday, April 12, 2008

April 12, 2008

I DID IT!!!! I made it to the Texas Rangers game Thursday night and lasted all the way through the game. It was a great night and a lot of fun. We even had a streaker at the game!!!! I was very glad to have Friday off and stayed at home all day. I have not had a day at home since we found out March 14 about the cancer. I have either been at work, church, or running to doctors everyday.

It was nice to be a home, except our hotwater heater leaked and we had to deal with that situation. I was on the phone while Gary pulled up the carpet in our living room and pulled off the baseboards. Just pray for us as we deal with the insurance company. I sure cannot have problems with mold or mildew while going through Chemo. We are suppose to have an insurance person coming next week to view the damage. Friends from our church came to help us with hot water heater and move furniture. It was just the circulater to the hotwater heater, so we haven't been without hotwater.

I am feeling much better and will go back to the oncologist and surgeon on Friday April 18th. The surgeon needs to check on my port and oncologist meet with me. Thank you so much for the comments, prayers, love, and friendships. To God be the glory. Until next time--keep looking up to Jesus.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

It is so good to hear you were able to enjoy the game with your family. Thanks for keeping us all up to date on your progress. Love & Miss You,Alicia

Anonymous said...

Ok, this comment is a little after the fact, but I just saw the link today, so I am playing catch up.

YEA!!! It's SO exciting that you made it to the game and were able to ENJOY it. I know how much of an accomplishment that felt like and what a blessing it must have been!

I will pray there will be NO MOLD!