Thursday, April 10, 2008

April 10, 2008

Today is Thursday, 6 days since my first chemo treatment. Yesterday was the roughest day so far. Tuesday I was doing better and thinking ok, I can handle this, and then yesterday wham--I was sick from the time I got up. I have gotten some medicine from the doctor and that is helping. I am just very weak and nothing sounds good to eat. I did work all day yesterday and am at work today. Some of our adopted kids and grandkids were here last night from Georgia and I so wanted to enjoy them. I was able to sit in the chair and talk some, but not as active as I have always been with the boys. It was good to see them, get to hold them, and love on them.

Ashley, my older daughter, has tickets to the Texas Ranger game tonight. So, the four of us are going to the game and relax and enjoy it. Hopefully, I will be able to feel good enough to enjoy the evening. I have to tell you how proud I am of my family. My husband, Gary, has been wonderful going through this with me. He is giving up foods with me that I can no longer eat. Our daughters, Ashley & Allyson, have been awesome--from coming and cleaning house--to buying me fake eyelashes and scarves. My mom came and helped clean house and brought me some hats. She is ready to come anytime I need her to be with me. Gary's parents and family
have been there for us and ready to help in anyway. My family is awesome. I knew I loved my husband and daughters, but this has given me a whole new love and respect for them.
They are so strong in the Lord and prayer warriors. When you go through cancer, God does change your way of thinking. I will take each day and learn what God wants for me this day--
This is the day that the Lord has made and I will be glad in it.
Until next time--Look up and keep your eyes on Jesus.

4 comments:

Ken said...

Dana,

Thanks for sending me the link. I continually lift you up in my prayers and am trusting God to do a mighty work in your life. This blog will help me keep up with your journey as obviously I'm terrible at picking up the phone!
Love you much!

Ken Bartholomew

Anonymous said...

I love you momma and am so very proud of you! You know i'm praying and i love you very, very much!

ash

Kathy Leone said...

Hi Dana,

Just a note to say, hi and you are in our thoughts and prayers daily.
I am really happy to have your blog link because I wonder about your progress everyday. You are a super woman and this will be behind you before you know it. Please let us know if you need anything. We will be home the end of May. Tell Gary and the girls hello for us!

Love,

Kat, Andy and Annie

Lauri said...

Dana,
Thank you for including me in your journey. I count it a privilege to pray for you and be counted a friend by you and your family. We are praying for complete healing, physical comfort and Peace that passes all understanding. I/we love you so much!

Lauri Campbell